Attendee Information About the Portland Highland Games
Looking for the Games map? Or, interested in knowing if food is available for purchase? Or, how about beer (well – of course, there will be beer!)? We’ve compiled the most useful attendee information to help you navigate and have a great time at the Portland Highland Games. And if you still have a question, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with us on our Facebook page.
Directions to the Portland Highland Games
Portland Highland Games are held at Mt. Hood Community College: 26000 SE Stark St, Gresham, OR 97030.
The Games are held on the athletic fields of the college. When you park, look for signs directing you to one of several entrance gates. Or, listen for the bagpipes and follow that sweet sound.
Lots of Parking Available
Parking at the Portland Highland Games is FREE and extensive thanks to the generous amount of parking spots provided by Mt. Hood Community College’s campus. A fun shuttle goes around the various parking lots taking you right to the front entrance of the Games.
Take Public Transit
The Games are located at Mt. Hood Community College, which is accessible by TriMet. Bus Route #20 stops right at the main entrance. To plan your trip via TriMet, visit TriMet’s interactive trip planner.
Food and Drinks
The awesome Elephants Catering & Events is the official food and drink vendor of the Portland Highland Games. Here’s what’s on the menu:
LUNCH & DINNER (10 a.m. – 6 p.m.)
Mince & Tatties (Shepherd’s Pie) – $7
Salmon Rumbledethumps (Smoked Salmon Salad) – $7
Bangers – $7
Yankee Banger (Hot Dog) – $6
FROM THE GRILL
Open-Faced Bridie (Cheeseburger) – $7
Skirlie on a Bun (Black Bean Burger) – $7
Business Lunch (Fish & Chips) – $9
Yankee Business Lunch (Chicken Strips) – $8
Chips (French Fries) – $4
Fancy Use of Whisky (Whisky Chocolate Mousse) – $5
Yankee Shortbread (Oatmeal Chocolate Chip) – $2
Elephants Shortbread – $2
NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES (Huh?)
Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, La Croix – $2/each
Oregon Rain Water – $2/each
ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES – CASH ONLY
To get beers and spirits, you’ll need to purchase drink tickets. All drinks are one (1) ticket each.
1 ticket = $6
3 tickets = $15
Laphroaig Select Scotch, honey-ginger syrup and lemon juice served on the rocks
BUILD-YOUR-OWN GLASGOW MULE OR BUCK
Jim Beam Black
Auchentoshan American Oak
Your choice served on the rocks with Cock n’ Bull ginger beer and fresh lime juice
CLASSIC GIN & TONIC
Sipsmith gin, Fever Tree tonic, and fresh lime served on the rocks
Assorted beers from Portland Brewing Company and ciders from Portland Cider Company
Staying the weekend?
Portland Highland Games host hotel is the Four Points by Sheraton Portland East. Mention “the Portland Highland Games” for a special rate, based on availability.
Beyond the hotel, here are some additional resources to help plan your stay:
In order to ensure that everyone enjoys the Games, there a few rules to be aware of:
- No alcohol may be brought into the Games. Alcoholic beverages are available for purchase for those 21 years and older.
- No animals are allowed at or on the field the day of the Games with the exception of Service Dogs. (And please don’t leave your dog in your car; it gets very hot in late July!)
- Smoking is not permitted on the Mt. Hood Community College campus and grounds. As of 01/02/2010, MHCC is tobacco-free.
- Competitors may be asked to provide proof of age.
- No firearms allowed.
Thank you, and enjoy the Games!
Also, note that it is Mt. Hood Community College policy that there is NO OVERNIGHT PARKING and NO CAMPING on the campus. As well as NO PETS, with exception of service animals.
Frequently Asked Questions
Lost and Found:
- Found items will be collected and taken to the Souvenier Tent on the main field. To reclaim items left at the end of the day, send a message to us through our Contact Page.
- There will be food and drink available for purchase on the field, the day of the games. Outside food and non-alcoholic drink are allowed, but we hope you support our vendors by purchasing their Scottish foods.
- Portland Highland Games are family friendly. We recommend that you bring a stroller for the little ones. There is a little bit of walking between the multiple activity fields. A stroller is more mobile on the various paths rather than a wagon.
Ready to be part of the Scottish fun?