Attendee Information About the Portland Highland Games
Looking for the Games map? Or, interested in knowing if food is available for purchase? Or, how about beer (well – of course, there will be beer!)? We’ve compiled the most useful attendee information to help you navigate and have a great time at the Portland Highland Games. And if you still have a question, please reach out to us at email@example.com or connect with us on our Facebook page.
Directions to the Portland Highland Games
Portland Highland Games are held at Mt. Hood Community College: 26000 SE Stark St, Gresham, OR 97030.
The Games are held on the athletic fields of the college. When you park, look for signs directing you to one of several entrance gates. Or, listen for the bagpipes and follow that sweet sound.
Lots of Parking Available
Parking at the Portland Highland Games is FREE and extensive thanks to the generous amount of parking spots provided by Mt. Hood Community College’s campus. A fun shuttle goes around the various parking lots taking you right to the front entrance of the Games.
Take Public Transit
The Games are located at Mt. Hood Community College, which is accessible by TriMet. Bus Route #20 stops right at the main entrance. To plan your trip via TriMet, visit TriMet’s interactive trip planner.
Food and Drinks
2020 Food Menu: Planning has begun.
Sign up for email news
In order to ensure that everyone enjoys the Games, there a few rules to be aware of:
- No alcohol may be brought into the Games. Alcoholic beverages are available for purchase for those 21 years and older.
- No animals are allowed at or on the field the day of the Games with the exception of Service Dogs. (And please don’t leave your dog in your car; it gets very hot in late July!)
- Smoking is not permitted on the Mt. Hood Community College campus and grounds. As of 01/02/2010, MHCC is tobacco-free.
- Competitors may be asked to provide proof of age.
- No firearms allowed.
Thank you, and enjoy the Games!
Also, note that it is Mt. Hood Community College policy that there is NO OVERNIGHT PARKING and NO CAMPING on the campus. As well as NO PETS, with exception of service animals.
Frequently Asked Questions
Lost and Found:
- Found items will be collected and taken to the Souvenier Tent on the main field. To reclaim items left at the end of the day, send a message to us through our Contact Page.
- There will be food and drink available for purchase on the field, the day of the games. Outside food and non-alcoholic drink are allowed, but we hope you support our vendors by purchasing their Scottish foods.
- Portland Highland Games are family friendly. We recommend that you bring a stroller for the little ones. There is a little bit of walking between the multiple activity fields. A stroller is more mobile on the various paths rather than a wagon.
Ready to be part of the Scottish fun?