The popular Whisky Tasting is once again a part of the Portland Highland Games. This event allows you to expand your knowledge and appreciation of American Whiskey and Scotch Whisky. Bev Root, Distiller and Certified Bourbon Steward of Ewing Young Distillery, will lead you through a tasting where you’ll learn the difference between American and Scotch whiskey and taste four samples:
- A classic Islay scotch (Laphroaig 10-Year-Old Single Malt Whiskey, 86 proof)
- A smooth and rounded 95% Rye whiskey (Ewing Young Rye Mash Whiskey, 92.3 proof)
- A classic American bourbon made from 21% Rye, 74% Corn, 4% Malted Barley (Ewing Young
Oak Bourbon, 94.7 proof)
- A sherry barrel-finished American Single Malt (Ewing Young Oloroso Sherry Barrel Finished
Single Malt, 95 proof)
- And, just for fun, the platinum deal winning gin created by Bev, Mianda’s Oregon summer Gin.
In addition, Doug Root of Ewing Young Distillery will share the enthralling story of the Scotch-Irishman
and giant of American History their distillery is named for: Ewing Young.
Please note that purchase of the Whisky Tasting is not included with your admission into the games. You
will need to purchase a separate whiskey admission ticket to access the Whiskey Tent.
This is a special segment of the Games and tickets/RSVPs are needed (space is limited), and of course,
you must be 21 or over with valid ID to participate in this activity.